April 30, 2008
That picture? It's me. And Gordon Ramsay! I took a, umm, long lunch yesterday to go to his book signing at Macy's on a whim. Mr. TC and I always watch his show, so I picked up a copy of his new book for Mr. TC. He was very cute and flirty. He didn't swear at anyone while I was in line, however, which was almost disappointing.
And while we're discussing reality tv, I am so outraged by last night's American Idol that I must vent about it here. I CANNOT FREAKING STAND Creepy Archuleta. I never liked him, but last night's massacre of one of my favorite songs of all time (Sweet Caroline) was the limit. My ears were bleeding by the time he finished. That song is meant to be sung in a dive bar, slightly off key, with a beer in hand. It should never be given the christian contemporary chart treatment by a prepubescent ambassador from the Children of the Corn. Ugh.
I think we all can recover by watching this version instead:
That is one of my favorite movies. If you haven't ever seen Beautiful Girls, I highly recommend it.
In other news, my son is apparently the make out bandit of his tots class. Yeah, he was smooching all the little girls yesterday. And came home from the park with flowers that yet another little girl gave to him. Oy. Think I'm gonna have my hands full with this guy!
April 29, 2008
April 28, 2008
Toll Free: 866-313 FEET (3338)
Come in: the Stuart Boutique @ 3 SW Osceola St. Downtown Stuart
Pre-Order: to beat the crush (all orders will go in the first day of the sale)
I will say that it does take a long time for the Sunfest orders to ship, but it's really not surprising, given that they are made to order. Totally worth the wait. And really, there is no way I'm going to have sandals on my toes for several weeks anyway. (Tonight's forecast? Snow. Yep.)
As Vivian says, "Happy Spring, Happy Feet." Indeed.
April 25, 2008
I missed the first couple of deals, but here's the list:
1. Lolita Martini Glasses- On Sale April 20-21
2. Serving Dishes with Switchable Accent- On Sale April 21-22
3. Handmade Candle Snuffers and Salt and Pepper Cellars- On Sale April 22-23
4. Glass Serving Tray in Different Patterns- On Sale April 23-24
5. Tennis Racquet Covers and Golf Head Covers- On Sale April 24-25
6. Colored Colanders- On Sale April 25-26
7. Prissy Plates- On Sale April 26-27
8. Designer Aprons- On Sale April 27-28
9. Ceramic Menu Tile and Place Cards- On Sale April 28-29
10. Handmade Measuring Spoon Set and Hook- On Sale April 29-30
Because I have (of course) procrastinated on shopping for Mother's Day gifts this year, I might need to take advantage of this sale myself! The free gift wrapping certainly sweetens the deal in my
April 21, 2008
Mr. TC and I have been meeting with contractors to get some work done on the place. Top of the list? New siding. But apparently it is going to be a ginormous hassle because the current siding is asbestos. Yeah, cancer-causing,
I had really gotten excited about doing these renovations and was pretty bummed out. So it was such a nice treat to come home to my fabulous preppy spring swap package from Magnolia Mama!! It was full of the nicest treats you could imagine, including a fab tote bag, monogrammed stationery and return address labels, super cute placemats, lip gloss, and the most delicious dark chocolate truffle bar in the world. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but it was just perfect. (
April 18, 2008
I displayed uncharacteristic self-control and didn't get anything. (I know!) I think I was just bitter that none of this was around when I was frantically shopping for Hawaii.
Last weekend, my preppy friend A was in town visiting from Virginia, so I had a partner in crime for my shopping. Our major destination was Multiple Choices, and the spring sale I blogged about last week. You can see from this list that it can be quite the preppy mecca.
The deals were fantastic. I picked up a Reo silver anchor charm...for $3. A silver picture frame for $5. A tiny navy A. Tierney ribbon belt for TCP Toddler for $5. A grosgrain ribbon picture frame for $1. A pack of cards reading "Congratulations!" in kelly green for $1. Boatman Geller luggage tags (pictured above), $5. A little photo brag book for my friend S who is expecting her first baby, $5 . It was insane, I could not believe the deals.
Also, I got to check out that Vera Bradley starboard tote that I was drooling over in person. And while I still love it, it must be said that it is completely gigantic. Huuuuuge. I'm a girl who likes to carry a big tote on a daily basis, but this was definitely a weekender or beach bag. She didn't have any of the other style bags in the store, so I'm dying to check out the other options now. And counting the days until Multiple Choices' next sale!
Of course, I had no idea that it had happened until the nanny came this morning and asked me about it. Ohhhhh, so that's why TCP Toddler woke up at 5 am? Sorry I was so grouchy then, buddy!
April 17, 2008
Here are six unimportant things about me:
1. I used to always have my nails done. Polished, manicured, etc. Now, I can't tell you the last time I even had polish on them. They are short and unpolished. And my cuticles are eligible for federal relief. Total. disaster. The toes, however, are still maintained. Don't ask me why, as they have been under wraps since about October!
2. I'm really bad at keeping touch over the phone. Much better on email. Which is a little funny, because I remember telling my college roommate at one point that "email was for nerds."
3. I never eat breakfast at home. I love to go out for breakfast/brunch, though. (Hello? Bloodies and benedict?) On occasion, I will manage a yogurt at my desk.
4. The first time I cooked for Mr. TC, I made him bagels with cream cheese. And oranges. Keep the expectations low, I say.
5. I have been working on my first needlepoint project for in excess of one year now. I clearly should have started with something smaller. I feel like it will never be done.
6. Of the 19 pictures I have tacked up on the corkboard in my office, 13 feature TCP Toddler. I have officially become one of those people.
I don't think there is anyone left to tag, but if you haven't done it yet, have at it!
April 16, 2008
I've got a few things to blog about, though, hopefully before the end of the week.
April 11, 2008
April 09, 2008
So Not Me:
So Not Me:
I had so much fun doing this...I could have gone on forever, but you get the gist!
April 03, 2008
1. What are your favorite preppy designers?
The usual suspects: Lilly, Ralph, Bonanno, J.Crew, Vineyard Vines
2. Favorite preppy accessories?
My pearls. Tote bags. And ribbon belts. I have a serious addiction.
3. Do you have any hobbies?
Once upon a time, I did yoga and occasionally I pretend to play tennis (I'm so bad, it's laughable).
4. Do you enjoy crafting, if so anything in particular?
I needlepoint. Veeery slooooowly.
5. Any favorite books/magazines?
I was an English major, so that would be a long list. All time fave is The Great Gatsby. And Town & Country magazine.
6. 5 favorite things (besides those listed above)
7. Do you collect anything?
Do shoes count?
8. Any kids/pets?
One 18 mo old son (TCP Toddler), one ancient border collie mix
9. Any allergies?
10. Favorite thing to do in the Spring?
Be outside. Honestly, just being able to be outside without wanting to die because it's so cold.
11. What most makes you think of Spring?
Pastels. And daffodils.
12. Favorite treat/drink?
Sweet treats ~ dark chocolate or toffee
Salty treats ~ pickles or olives
Drinks ~ wine (or pellegrino, if I'm being good)
13. Anything else your partner should know about you?
Not that I can think of!